Premiering in 2018: The electronica Medical Electronics Conference (eMEC)
What is the latest on Surgery 4.0? What opportunities does smart regeneration offer? What are the cyber security challenges facing hospitals? What do we need to know about the approval and certification of medical devices?
|Date:||November 15, 2018|
|Venue:||ICM—Internationales Congress Center München|
The Medical Electronics Conference will see well-known representatives from research and industry discussing current issues and challenges, as well as subjects for the future. From 2018, there will be a separate conference dedicated to the highlight topic of medical electronics. As far as medicine is concerned this means that people will change from purely being users to being development partners who advise the electronics industry on their requirements and any potential critical pitfalls.
The program will be available here as of spring 2018.
Call for papers: You can submit papers now!
The electronica Medical Electronics Conference, aimed at all those involved in the digital transformation process in healthcare. Its aim is to bring together practitioners who provide day-to-day medical care, health insurance funds and service providers with specialists from the electronics sector. We look forward to receiving presentation proposals relating to the fields of applications, embedded and blockchain technologies, security and usability.
Topics of the conference
Fields covered by the electronica Medical Electronics Conference
- Smart medical devices
- Collaborative robotics in the area of rehabilitation and nursing
- Diagnosis using microsystem technology (buzzword: lab-on-a-chip)
- Telemedicine in its different forms
- Fitness tracking applications: From the smartphone and smart watch to the cloud
- Big data/artificial intelligence in diagnosis and disease prevention
- Augmented reality in treatment and surgery
- Imaging techniques in medicine
- New sensor technologies for medicine (e.g., digital medication, biochips, smart contact lenses, etc.)
- Networked all the way to the cloud: Medical data enables people to be autonomous
- Actuators used with patients (e.g., insulin pumps, prosthetics)
- Embedded hardware for medical applications (components, devices)
- Embedded software for medical applications (operating systems, tools, middleware)
- Equipment and programs for imaging and image processing
- Development methods and processes/architecture
- Debugging and (automated) tests
- Data security in medicine: Cyber security for patient data
- Approval and certification of medical electronic devices
- Safety in medical electronics: Focus on patient safety
- Man-machine interfaces (requirements, design, user friendliness, ergonomics, etc.)
- Usability of medical electronic devices from a developer’s perspective
- Usability of medical electronic devices from a user’s perspective
- Software ergonomics
The target group of the new electronica Medical Electronics Conference includes hardware and software developers, engineers, decision-makers, scientists, and doctors involved the development and use of medical electronic devices, as well as buyers in medicine and representatives of health insurance companies who want to get first-hand information about trends in medical electronics.