electronica fast forward: The start-up-week powered by Elektor
The start-up and maker scenes are changing the electronics landscape. More and more innovations are coming from new players in the electronics sector. In cooperation with Elektor, electronica provides a unique platform that brings together innovative ideas, prototypes, products or services and a broad, international and very relevant audience of industry representatives.
The first edition of electronica Fast Forward (e-ffwd) powered by Elektor in 2016 drew 35 participants from 16 countries and was a resounding success. It will thus be continued and expanded in 2018: The start-up-platform becomes the start-up-week giving all target groups the crucial added value they need.
And with all the new innovations, technologies and developers popping up like error messages in Windows, it is hard to keep track of the important trends and separate the relevant and promising ones from the rest. And whether you are an established company with an astonishing new product or a start-up with a ground-breaking innovation, it is hard to get a head-start in this highly competitive and ever changing sector.
Here is a brief overview about the e-ffwd and what you can expect:
- The presentation at the e-ffwd stand amidst the semiconductor companies exhibiting at electronica,
- the forum where pitches, lectures and meetings take place,
- the e-ffwd award.
Starting from 2018 e-ffwd presentation and award categories will reflect electronica’s highlight topics. In 2018 these are:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Solid State Lighting/LED
- Smart Grid/Smart Energy
- Industrial IoT
- electronics in medical and healthcare (including wearables)
- Cyber Security
To just give you a hint of what’s coming up:
- A new award category premiers at e-ffwd: “e-ffwd sponsors challenge” starts half a year early and gives applicants the possibility to develop their product with designated hardware provided by the sponsor.
- e-ffwd 2018 will feature an extended forum program that benefits start-ups and the established industry alike.
- More workshops and networking opportunities will be on offer.
The overall winner of the 2018 edition will receive a startup marketing package worth €75,000 from Elektor including an exhibition stand at electronica 2020. The second place will be awarded an Elektor media campaign with a value of 50,000 € while third place will benefit from media exposure via the international Elektor network worth 25,000 €.