electronica Embedded Forum
The electronica Embedded Forum presents technical papers about technologies, trends and product innovations that cover the entire range of embedded technologies, from chips and components to tools and software, boards and modules for various applications and from the Internet of Things to industrial electronics and automation. It mainly targets design engineers, technical specialists and technical management.
Today, embedded systems are found almost everywhere. They range from devices such as digital watches to large installations like factory controllers and complex systems like avionics. Simply stated, all intelligent electronics systems other than general purpose computer and IT solutions are embedded systems. An embedded system has software embedded into hardware, which makes a system that is dedicated for specific applications. Embedded systems are normally devices that are used to control, monitor or assist the operation of some kind of equipment. “Embedded” reflects the fact that they are an integral part of the system.
The electronica Embedded Forum's main topics in 2016 included:
- Internet of Things: Smart factory, smart energy, smart buildings, etc.
- Security and IoT: Challenges and solutions
- Technical trends with microcontrollers and microprocessors
- Motor control solutions
- Tools and software for embedded systems
- Embedded computing: Boards, modules and more
- Technical trends with analog and power
- Embedded solutions for industrial and automation